All research projects conducted by Val’s Roots Professional Genealogy Services are billed via statement. You may pay the statement by cash, check, money order, or bank draft. Ask about payment via PayPal.
Quality Research is provided by Valerie Eichler Lair – a knowledgeable, experienced, skilled, full-time Professional Genealogist:
- Research (complete or partial projects)
- Data-entry (Legacy Family Tree computer software, Excel spreadsheets)
- Organize your family history research and paper or electronic files
- House / Farm Histories (specific Minnesota counties)
- DNA Analysis
- The options are endless. The sky’s the limit!
- $50.00 per hour for research, analysis, and research reports.
- Out-of-pocket expenses are charged to the client for, but not limited to: photocopies, postage, documents/certificates, repository pull fees, microfilm/microfiche rental, parking and tolls, mileage over 20 miles at the current IRS rate per mile.
- A deposit is required prior to the start of research. The deposit is 50% of the total authorized hours. The deposit is non-refundable.
- Checks, money orders, bank drafts or cash is accepted. Inquire about PayPal.
- Every client receives a Terms of Agreement Contract specifically stating the research objective and the authorized hours. This contract must be signed by the client and Valerie Eichler Lair prior to the start of the research.
- A written research report is provided to every client, which includes all findings, complete source citations, and any documents obtained. The report and documents can be sent via postal mail, or email (electronic images), or Dropbox.
- Valerie Eichler Lair abides by the Code of Ethics for the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) and the Genealogy Standards by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- All clients understand there is no guarantee, written or implied, that the objective(s) can be achieved. No ethical professional genealogist will guarantee results!
- Every client must provide copies of pertinent Ancestor Charts, Family Group Sheets, Research Calendar(s) showing what work has already been completed that applies to the specific project objectives, and copies of pertinent documents. This is required so no duplication of research is done on the part of Valerie Eichler Lair.
- All clients understand they are paying for the time and expertise of Valerie Eichler Lair to conduct thorough research, provide analysis, and a written research report.
Contact Valerie Eichler Lair via email for further information.